Rats & Mice Maidenhead,Marlow, Coockham and Windsor Sharp Pest Control
A guide of what not to do
So the 1st thing you do is buy some cheap and non effective poison on Ebay. Put it down and wonder why you still have rats. This is why i say NO TO POISON. The reason is the poison the public buy has so much resistance in the country it's not effective and all your doing is feeding the rats and mice, making the problem worse. If you lay down poison you are at risk of poisoning children and pets and non target wildlife like barn owls. I visit lots of properties and often come across poison which is left for any animal to eat not just the target pest. So just say NO TO POISON. Call the professionals who know how to treat with effective poison and traps. We will always try and trap the pest using humane traps first, before using poison. We use the strongest single feed poison not available to the public and are professional use only. Our traps are approved as well.
How do i know if i have rats or mice?
Normally for the home owner the first indication would be noises or scratching from your loft/attic or maybe your bathroom.
Make sure you check around your home regularly as they can and often will chew on your wiring and pipework causing untold damage and spreading disease through their urine and faeces. look around for their droppings about 10 mm long and dark in colour for rats. Mice droppings will be much smaller around 3 mm long. Check under your bath under the kick boards in the kitchen all common places for rat & mice droppings. If they are in your garden you would see holes in the ground or by fencing and sheds about the size of a tennis ball.
Why do rats & mice come into my home?
The reason you get rats or mice into your home is simple. They are just trying to seek shelter if they are cold and where better than your loft, its warm and with an endless supply of food (your kitchen or in the sewer system)it is only natural for rats and mice to nest there.
Rats and mice are known as commensal rodents meaning they live off mans table.Their teeth grow constantly so they have to chew/gnaw all of the time to wear down the front teeth. This is why they will damage pipes or wiring in your home often causing floods or fires as well as spreading disease. As you can see in the photo i took recently, rats have no problem chewing and gnawing their way through concrete and plastic pipes. This was found in a customers sewer system which once the hole was made the rats would have access to the whole house via the cavity walls